Tuesday 10 April 2012

The Beginning

I ride a DR650 and have had 20,000 trouble free kilometres on it. I've always liked the idea of being a motorcycle courier, the pay is pretty good, it's really easy to get a job interview as one - courier companies give just about anybody a go and don't ask too many questions, and you get to ride your bike all day. I had one interview with a courier company (I won't name names), but I found out at the interview that I didn't have the correct level of license to apply for the job, no one checked this on the initial telephone call. So when I got to the correct level, I applied again. I never heard back from them so after about a week I went back to the company and they told me that they had no opening for a motorcycle courier at that point in time and I was first on their list to contact as soon as they had an opening. Again, something they could have told me earlier. So basically they screwed me around. I won't be going back there again.

Today I had a job interview with a courier company based in Melbourne, to be a motorcycle courier. The job interview went well, I have a job trial on Thursday morning following another guy around. We will see what happens from there. There is the possibility of me delivering parcels out to the country which I will enjoy thoroughly if it ever happens. I should expect to average around 800 dollars a week once I get the hang of things. The guy who interviewed me used to use an XT500 to do courier work and says trail bikes (he means road/trails of course) make good courier bikes.

So, we'll see how I go on Thursday and hopefully I'll have myself a full time job.
Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment